<VV> Wheel nuts

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Fri Dec 1 14:58:30 EST 2017

I only have my own experience to go by , but have only had one wheel get
loose in 70 years of driving.  If there is a worry wart really concerned
enough to try this it might make him feel better.  A lot of older cars and
most trucks have/had left hand thread lugs on one side of the vehicle to
keep the fasteners tight.  You can change the studs and try this.  If you
don't think it make s a difference then you haven't worked in an industrial
truck facility and had to break loose the lugs after 20 or 30 thousand miles
on the road.  It was common to jump up and down on an 8 ft Johnson bar bar
or use a 1 inch drive air wrench to get them off.