<VV> Looking for some advice on low compression

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Wed Dec 27 01:33:22 EST 2017

I am now looking for a Sacramento area air cooled engine shop who can do
a proper valve seat repair and check the head out for any other issues
or possible loose valve seats.

My question is: What are the recommendations for determining why the #4
cylinder compression is low?   And what should I do to make the best of
the current situation?
No one in River City  CC  knows of anyone?  If not call Mel at Vairmart in San Jose...

Most likely they just threw rings in it before sale...  I'll bet you find ring gap is large!

Happy New Year!

ps  you should be working on the Devin!!

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages