<VV> Starter grinds unless switch is turned firmly?

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sat Feb 11 00:16:49 EST 2017

ivaldes at hal-pc.org,

Hi, My 1964 Corvair Monza Coupe 'Lisa' has developed an issue with the
starter. If I turn the switch lightly the starter does not engage very well
and it grinds. If I turn it quickly and firmly it engages and does not
grind. But I have to 'think about it' when I turn the switch or it grinds.
What is going on? It did not do this before. Solenoid is Clark's replaced
about a year ago. Starter was rebuilt about a year ago.

Most likely time for a new Switch!   You can keep your existing  key / lock

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages