<VV> Parking brake adjustment?

Ignacio Valdes ivaldes at hal-pc.org
Sun Jul 2 16:00:17 EDT 2017

Hi, so when I try to adjust the check nut, it just spins. I think I could
hold it with 2 nuts on the end but I cannot get the nut off to begin with.
What size and pitch nut are the check nuts so that I can put 2 on the end
and turn the rusty originals? Attached is a picture of the check nuts and
equalizer. The other picture is yours truly under the car. There is one
check nut at the equalizer the other one is all the way up to where the
cable starts. Is that the correct position?