<VV> Wheeler Dealers Corvair Segment

roboman91324 at aol.com roboman91324 at aol.com
Mon Jul 31 02:03:11 EDT 2017

Just a "heads up."

On Sunday the 6th of August, the TV show, Wheeler Dealers, will be "restoring" a 1963 Corvair at 3 PM Pacific time.  It will be shown on the Velocity Channel.  I don't know if it will show at 3 PM in everyone's local time or if you will see it at the locally adjusted time.

The format of Wheeler Dealers is a couple of Brits find a somewhat deteriorated car on each show, buy it and do a variety of mechanical, body, paint and interior repairs/upgrades and then try to sell it at a profit.  In their case, the "profit" is determined by merely taking what they sell it for and subtracting actual purchases.  The flaw is that they do not assess the cost of their own labor.  I would say that if their labor was assessed at a reasonable rate, none of their cars would turn a profit.  That's show biz.  The show is interesting anyway.

Doc