<VV> Trunk -- Engine lids weatherstripping question (LM)

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Mon May 8 14:51:50 EDT 2017

On engine lids I put the seam above the license plate. Leave it long and compress to glue the ends together. It usually shrinks over time, so stuffing an inch or so into the path helps. Maybe 1/2 inch...

Study the cross section carefully. There should be a curved section and a squarish section. The squarish section gets glued into the groove. The curved section touches the lid. Outward as Matt says.

Frank DuVal