<VV> guh-guh-guh-guh

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Thu May 11 13:33:50 EDT 2017

VVers:

We are suffering through a brutally long winter in New England. It's
still low 40s at night and mid 50s during the day and has rained 10 of
the last 14 days.  My convertible should have been out a month ago but
it's just too cold and wet.

When I put it away last November, it had begun exhibiting a loss of
power and had difficulty pulling under load.  It drives almost like
you're in 4th when you should be in 2nd, and the engine makes a noise
like guh-guh-guh-guh versus a nice smooth Corvair sound.

After I take it out of the garage and into the sun, I'll replace the
plugs and points.  What other things should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance.

Steven "cursing mother nature" Serenska
'65 Monza Convertible, 110/4
'66 Corsa Coupe, 140/4