<VV> CYL SIZE performance question

Dale Dewald d66dewald at gmail.com
Mon May 29 12:15:32 EDT 2017

On 5/29/2017 12:00, Tim Colson wrote:

> Thank you for the replies. We just had the Rampy at a car show @45 miles
> away , in Waterloo NY (the home of Memorial Day ) and it is always a big draw
> of  attention. It runs so good on the road with the present setup , I think
> I will  leave it alone. It has .060 over full fin setup , 260 cam and now
> 95HP heads.  Runs fantastic. I just cant get over it. By the way , I changed
> the heads  without removing the motor! Took me a couple days with all my
> aches and pains ,  but worked out fine.
Hello Tim,
As others have said the +0.020" to +0.060" bore change will likely not
be noticeable, but for somewhat modest money a cam change can make a
major difference.  The 260 cam you have (Isky, Clark's?) is a good start
and is probably noticeably better than the stock 889, but you might also
want to consider the FC torque cam that Ken Hand sells.
Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI