<VV> BRAKE UPGRADE

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Mon Nov 20 01:40:46 EST 2017

On 11/19/2017 8:22 AM, Hugo Miller via VirtualVairs wrote:
> ### The laws of physics say it shouldn't make any difference. If you
> have high spots, they will get hot, but (ignoring fade) they will be
> as effective since there is more pressure per square inch of contact
> area if it's only contacting a portion of the total area. I say it
> "shouldn't" make any difference, as I'm not convinced the theory and
> the practise are the same in this case!

The difference between theory and practice is - in theory there's no
difference -
in practice, there is!

(Which actually means that theory is usually incomplete)

If only part of the shoe contacts, then that part will overheat and
fade, while the rest of the lining does nothing.
Does not sound like a good deal to me.

Then, the center part of the lining is destroyed, wears away, and the
other 2/3 of the shoe makes contact?

Still don't ever get good braking.

--
Jay Maechtlen