<VV> Fwd: Prefered motor for 65 Monza 4speed?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri Oct 13 10:54:43 EDT 2017

Hi John,

The big difference between the engines are the cam - a stick 140 has an 891 cam installed straight up, the PG 140 has an 889 cam with a 4 degree retard.  The PG engine has a better torque curve down low but gives up 15 HP or so on the top end.

All else being equal, for a rebuild I'd pick the PG engine as it will likely have seen less abuse, and install the cam of your choice as specified by the cam supplier.

--Bryan