<VV> Oil temperature?

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sun Oct 22 21:44:13 EDT 2017

One of my Corvairs has an oil temperature gauge. On a long-ish trip at
about 70-75mph on a hot Florida day, it gradually crept up towards 250
degrees. That's seems to me to be getting uncomfortably hot - does
anybody know what a safe operating temperature is for engine oil?

Is it measured in the oil PAN?  If so..not to worry...  that's the hottest oil...by the time it goes through the pump / Filter and Cooler it down in temp to feed the bearings..

Also when wasyour gauge Calibrated by a "certified lab" ???  GGG   just use it as a Reference!

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages