<VV> ATF?

FrankDuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Sep 24 13:23:45 EDT 2017

Better, but more work, is to remove the plugs, pour some in each
cylinder, let sit a day or two, and turn the engine by hand one
revolution. Put the plugs back in.

One can also remove the distributor and drive the oil pump with a drill
or screwdriver until oil is circulated through the bearings. I know,
this means putting the distributor back in right....

Just be prepared for the extra smoke on startup with ATF. No harm, just
smoke. Using ATF your way has no downsides, unless you put in so much it
hydro-locks the engine. Leaving the plugs out while turning the crank
eliminates the hydro-lock possibility.

Frank DuVal