<VV> Belt damage

Hugo Miller Hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Sun Apr 1 13:17:40 EDT 2018

I doubt this would be caused by rust - not if it KEEPS doing it. FWIW I had
an identical issue on my Impala - changed the water pump & harmonic
balancer - within a very short time indeed it had worn the fanbelt right
down with rubber dust everywhere. Turns out the pulleys were slightly
mis-aligned, although I had checked them & they looked ok at first glance.
On closer inspection I found the generator was now out compared with the
other two - I had to move it forward half an inch or so. What surprised me
was that I had already checked the alignment & they looked ok - the moral of
the story is check very thoroughly!