<VV> NO Corvair - Power mirror problem solved

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 6 19:03:25 EDT 2018

It has been over a year since I inquired to the group about a problem with the power mirrors on my Silverado. Several recommended some things about connections and the harness or cables, and others responded that they had the same problem should it be solved. The dealer recommended a replacement switch, but it checked out okay. Just by accident (pressed both at once), I discovered that it was not the control switch, but the side selector switch that was the problem. By pressing on it at the same time I operate the adjustment, the mirror works like it should. Cleaning that with electronic cleaner spray solved the problem entirely (at least for now). Hope this helps someone with the same problem.
Grant