<VV> Battery Recommend?

FrankDuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Apr 9 22:46:02 EDT 2018

OEM standard battery was BCI Group 22F.

Optional capacity OEM battery was BCI Group 24T. The BCI Group 24 is
what is now available. I do not think the T for tall version of a 24 is
made by anyone.

Interesting, as the 22F and the 24 have opposite positive terminals, so
if you want a 24, check that the cables reach the proper terminals .
This means the terminals are on the quarter panel side of the battery,
not the engne side of the battery like if a 22F was installed.

The 22F of new construction should work fine even for A/C car, though.....

Some of the above nformation came from:

http://www.corvairkid.com/batteries.htm

Also note the 1965 battery is held down by a loop over the to of the
battery, so as the height of your battery changes, the long bolts may
also need changing. 1966 and later are flange mounted, so different
hardware is required.

Frank DuVal