<VV> Harbor freight jack needed to remove engine & transaxle from car?

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 16:40:26 EDT 2018

John, pictures

   - I used two scrap pieces of angle iron.

   - Bolted them to the sides of the padded lift parts (I used the existing bolts

   - Length is up to you. Eyeball scale by the pics.
   - Using scrap metal, I bolted it to the rear of the angle iron.
   - I installed a slot in the middle of the sheet metal

   - Make slot long and wide enough to acomodate the skid plate engine bolt
   - I cut a notch in both pieces of the angle iron to provide clearance during operation.

   - Depending on what you use, this may not be necessary.
   - I bent the pole steering handle so it will clear the rear of the body.
   - I bent and relocated the safety lock device handle so the stand will fit under the car and still be operative.

   - An appropriate piece of plywood will help balance the power train and use the tie downs.

If you pull the whole drive train, it will be front heavy. Break the trans axle torque to the engine to make it easier to remove. Lots of luck. Questions>

remember to drain the engine first!!!