<VV> Late Model Rear Amber Turn Signals.

FrankDuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Aug 4 23:54:00 EDT 2018

I did not want to extend this discussion, but.....

This should be the lesson here: Ask the technical question and leave
politics out of the equation.

I took your first post as a snide comment on how we live and drive in
the USA. And now you continue with the "we are using an antiquated
system, how do you possibly survive with red lamps????" comments.

I am always happy to help with technical issues.

And these technical issues can be how to convert a vehicle to operate
safely in another country. I have worked on European "gray market" cars
back in the 80s that had to meet USA standards. Which standard is
better/safer/easier/common was not the issue, getting a car to be legal
was the issue. Similar problems getting cars into other countries.

Jim Becker covers several good ways to do the conversion in his post.

1157A and 1157NA are amber bulbs. Also 1156A and 1156NA are single
filament 21 cp bulbs, since you do not need a 2 or 3 cp filament also.

I have not yet had a need to investigate LED replacements. Still have
lots of bulb stock from years ago.

Frank DuVal