<VV> Engine KNOCK

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 18:11:04 EDT 2018

 Seems like I forgot to post the solution to the '69 beater knock (detonation) problem. After trying all else, cleaning cylinder fins, new spark plugs, wires, and oil cooler checking to solve the problem, I decided to try the thing I thought of first.

 I took 9 gallons of 2 year old gasoline (with Stabil ) out of the tank and put 9 gallons of 93 octane in. Problem solved. The engine always ran fine on 87-89??

 Guess the octane rating goes down when stored too long?  Thanks for all the advice.