<VV> 1965 sedan to Clay Collier in Thomasville, GA - 4 Sale

Scott Morehead moreheadscott at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 12:03:16 EDT 2018

This post is from a friend regarding his Corvair that he now wishes to sell. All contact and requests for info should be directed to him see the bottom of post for contact info - If you know of anyone interested, please give him a call - lets get this thing sold to the right person today. Thanks for your help in advance.

 I took my 1965 sedan to Clay Collier in Thomasville, GA for a few repairs detailed below. Unfortunately, Clay has discovered that the frame of my car is in horrible shape.

 I am therefore selling this car for parts. Maybe someone who is restoring a sedan would be interested. The frame is in awful shape but the rest of the car is in very good shape.

 Here is a list of the items Clay was going to address on this car before he discovered how bad the frame problem was:

 Rusted frame
 Replace chrome on left rear wheelwell(I have the new piece)
 Replace gas tank(I have all the new parts from Clarks)
 Replace powerglide cable(I have new cable from Clarks)
 Left passenger window does not roll down easily
 Various bubbles in paint
 Parking brake needs adjusting or replacing
 The hose that runs to the heater needs replacing….I have the replacement hose
 Fan bearing…does it need greasing/replacing?
 Change oil and filter
 Four wheel alignment
 Thermostats
 Radio ……loose connection

 Besides these items, the car is in very good shape. I restored this car around 1999. It won best of show for sedans at Springfest(2004?). It has good bumpers, sheetmetal, chrome, windows, doors, Clark’s interior, 1966 front air dam. I replaced the shocks, coil springs. The brakes were went thru. I installed an alternator with built in regulator, dual exhaust, Clarks’ lower control bracket on rear suspension. Replaced all rubber, replaced engine wiring harness. Installed double master cylinder. Tires are in very good shape. The car has the wire wheel covers. The car ran well until the rust from the gas tank clogged up the carbs. The transmission shifts smooth. I have always kept this car in my garage.

 The car is presently with Clay in Thomasville. Anyone interested can get pictures I have of the car as well as pictures from Clay showing the rusted areas.

 Bottom dollar – car as is plus new gas tank and power glide cable…..$2500.00.

 Thanks,

 Dennis Stanfield <dbscpa at windstream.net>