<VV> '66 Monza, anyone?

JUDY HOOK judynrandy at comcast.net
Thu Aug 30 10:16:52 EDT 2018

Anyone interested in a '66 Monza?  A fellow named Bill brought it to our friendly neighborhood cruise-in last week and said it was for sale.  He said he'd like to get $4,500 for it.  He also said he was selling it due to poor health. (He was on oxygen)  The short and sweet of it is this:  The odometer shows 90,000 miles on it. It's painted red.  The paint is not too bad, with a couple minor boo boos.  The black interior is in fair shape.  The drivetrain is a 110/pg  RK code.  The engine bay, unfortunately , is in need of a lot of TLC.  Overall, its' a normal corvair engine bay.  Oily.  The shrouds need some serious help.  It looks like they are smog shrouds with the holes still open.  The lower shrouds had the exhaust doors wired open.  At any rate, it seemed to run ok since he drove it to and from the cruise-in.  Lastly, the body seems to be in rock solid condition.  No evidence of rust.  At least as much as could be discerned from crawling around it on a black top parking lot, that
  is.  I feel this car would make a great driver as it is, after lots of TLC.  Or, it wouldn't take that much more to really fix it up nice.  If I was in the market for a driver, I would have already snagged it.  With all the bugaboos, I'd say the car is worth between $2,500-$3,500.

     At any rate the dudes' name is Bill.  His phone #'s are: 1-814-684-4694 (home) and 1-814-932-1217 (cell)  He's located near the city of Altoona in south central PA.  Lastly, he also said he had a '69 corvair to sell as well.  I think he said it had 58,000 miles on it.  I haven't seen that one.

So, if interested in either one, give him a buzz.  Thanks a million.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook