<VV> Stuck valve cover bolt.

Ignacio Valdes ivaldes at hal-pc.org
Fri Feb 9 10:07:24 EST 2018

Thanks for all the responses.

Answers to questions: The bolt was longer than original which is probably
why it seized. It is a normal bolt not automotive grade. I first tried to
weld a nut on but the nut would just break off. Yes I tried a left handed
drill but it did not work. Then I tried a bolt extractor which did not
work. Looks like I am going to have to remove the head and take it to a
machine shop.

In the cars history the motor has been gone through not by me. It has acorn
nuts on the head bolts and Viton rings. Does a service manual help for this
such as for torque values on re-assembly? If so, which one?

A secondary objective to the broken valve cover bolt is that the motor
overheated because of a thrown belt. The motor runs ok but now leaks oil a
little. The push rod tubes have Viton but seem to be the source. I would
like to change the Viton rings to try and cure the leak.

Matt, confirm can I just spin the whole rocker stud to get them off? See
above objectives.