<VV> uneven vacuum

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 14 09:44:45 EST 2018

 ...when does a pushrod become 'tight' to turn?). But
I've never heard of valves running under pre-load?...    Back off the rocker arm adjustment till the push rod can be easily twisted. Then slowly tighten up the rocker arm with a socket wrench, you use the other hand to grip the push rod between your thumb and opposing finger and twist the push rod.

 There will be a point when you can no longer twist the push rod. Back off the rocker adjustment till the push rod can barely be twisted with your fingers. Then just tighten up the rocker adjustment 1/2 turn.
 With no preload on the hydraulic lifter, they may clatter like an old typewriter.