<VV> Early coupe roof pad

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 20:47:10 EDT 2018

I just finished pulling the deteriorated pad off the underside of my 1962 Monza coupe roof. It runs above the headliner (supported by the listing wires) and under the center cross brace to which the dome light mounts (a very tight fit between the cross brace and roof). The underside of the roof rusted due to condensation while the car sat outside closed up so long. I don't see any information about this pad in the shop manual, and could not find any replacement in Clarks catalog.
What do you guys do to replace this pad?
-- Doug Mackintosh Corsa member since 1996 Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on