<VV> CORSA South Carolina’s 2018 Economy Run March 18th!

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sun Mar 4 23:26:34 EST 2018

For questions call Bruce Schug 864-616-1573.

CORSA South Carolina’s 2018 Economy Run

Saturday, March 24, 2018 - 9:30AM
“7-11” gas station, 3440 Wade Hampton Blvd, Taylors, SC
This is northeast of Greenville on the south side of Wade Hampton Boulevard/Hwy 29.
It is 4.0 miles from where Wade Hampton Blvd/29 and Pleasantburg Drive/291 meet. It is 5.3 miles from where Wade Hampton Blvd and Hwy 14 meet.

In the spirit of the Mobile Gas Economy Runs of the ’50's and ’60’s, an economy run has always been included as one of the four principal events at CORSA conventions and many MiniConventions. CORSA SC has, for a long time, held our own economy run. It’s a fun way to go for a nice drive and see what kind of mileage you can get from your Corvair.

I’ve got a nice route planned that will include a variety of interesting paved roads and some beautiful scenery. We’ll be on an open road with a 65 mph speed limit, slow, winding mountain roads, and everything in between. At the end, we’ll fill up and learn who is this year’s…

Gas Pump Superstar!
If you’re planning on running the Economy Run at the convention, you won’t want to miss this tune-up event which will be run much like a convention economy run.
This event is free to CORSA SC members who may drive any reasonable motor vehicle. Non-members may participate for $5.00 in any Corvair.
Put the date on your calendar and be sure your vehicle is ready for a nice drive!

PRIZES!
Gas Pump Superstar - $20 gas card!
Gas Pump Star - $15 gas card!
3rd place - $10 gas card!

Arrive at the “7-11”, fill your gas tank and congregate to the side of the parking lot so as not to interfere with gas station traffic. I will be there to hand out Route Instructions. Afterward, we’ll all have lunch together at a great area restaurant and awards will be handled out.
For questions call Bruce Schug 864-616-1573.