<VV> Need advice for 15x7 rims on a '66 CORSA - please...

James Cuneo jamescuneo at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 8 10:52:12 EST 2018

Ray,

Ideal backspace for a 7" rim would be >< 4.75. I have 15x7 IROC Camaro rims on the front of my LM. Backspace is 3.5". The steering is a bit twitchy on bumpy roads due to the less than ideal backspace.

I moved my 16x8" wheels to the front with 5.25 backspace and it is less twitchy, so backspace is important. Tire dia. is important. Wider tires mean more contact area with road which = more feedback through the steering wheel.

Bryan Blackwell has a great page about this.

Jim

65 Corsa 140 turbo, 15x7 front, 16x8 rear