<VV> Electric Fuel Pump Install?

Arlette Pat & Carl Kelsen arlettecarl at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 13 00:53:06 EDT 2018

G’day everyone from Australia ‘down under’
Well here’s my latest Corvair problem! Hopefully someone can help, because I am pulling what little hair I have left from frustration?
I am experiencing considerably difficulty drawing up an electrical wiring diagram, that will agree with the (3) three sets of individual instructions supplied with each of the following Clarks Corvair supplied parts:

  1.  Electric Fuel Pump (Part No. C10295)
  2.  Oil Pressure Safety Switch
  3.  Inertia Safety Switch
I firmly believe that others must have also been confused by these quite vague instructions or alternatively have unknowingly installed the two ‘safety switches’ incorrectly to the point that the safety switches might not work if the need came about.
By carefully following the electrical instructions provided for the Electric Fuel Pump and the Oil Pressure safety switch I have produced what I believe is a compliant wiring diagram that follows the pump and oil pressure switch instructions.
However, this diagram does not agree with the instructions that came with the Inertia safety switch and if I attempt to comply with the instructions for the Inertia switch, then my diagram no longer agrees with the instructions for the pump and oil pressure switches?
I really want to install both switches but can’t determine the correct wiring for them. I have asked Clarks Corvair but have not yet had a reply.
I firmly believe that a CLEAR wiring diagram showing the correct position for each component, switch, fuse etc., in the electrical circuit would resolve my concerns and perhaps more importantly prevent these switches from being incorrectly installed and as consequence being ‘useless’. I have extensively searched the internet but have found nothing. Lots on Electric Fuel Pumps and the switches but nothing on the correct way to install all three together.
A good friend of mine (a retired Auto Electrician) after studying the original instructions and my wiring diagram, agrees that the original Clarks Corvair provided instructions simply don’t agree with each other and are at best “vague”.
I will try to scan / attach a copy of my wiring diagram on this email. Has anyone got any advice on this issue or can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?
Regards
Carl Kelsen
’65 RHD Monza convertible
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
[cid:fd91cf43-7310-42f7-8d0d-ebce753010c0]