<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 158, Issue 32

James Weppelman jweppel at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 31 08:57:16 EDT 2018

Ignacio,

If all is correct with belt alignment (had to change my wagon to alt style, no jerry rigging) go with a good wrapped belt. Clarks or john sweet sells them. On the tranny if all the seals and o's are good. Look for seepage where the shifter black cable connects to the little steel sleeve before it enters the tranny. Over time the crimp looses tightness. If you want to pay big bucks for wagon replacement (last time I looked like $110) fine. But I did the old piece of rubber tubing filled with "the right stuff" gasket maker from permatex. and a couple plastic tie wraps. Cured. Happy Easter yinz guys.

Jim Weppelman

Pittsburgh, home of the 2018 CORSA corvair convention!