<VV> Cleaning window trim

Joe Dunlap taruffi57 at aol.com
Wed May 9 12:15:27 EDT 2018

My stainless trim had copious amounts of (probably) a black butyl rubber sealant and gray duct tape petrified adhesive - the latter done by me.  I tried mineral spirits, acetone and lacquer thinner.  Waste of time, on the duct tape adhesive.  Enter cheap Harbor Freight heat gun.  Plenty of heat and a plastic scraper got it to where vigorous lacquer thinner on a rag, cleaned them up.  Now just a little tapping on small dents from the backside and 2-stage buffer wheel polishing with the rouges and the car will get it's glasses back.

Sent from my iPhone