<VV> door hinges 1965 1966 .... what material?

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 09:57:25 EDT 2018

 I had front door hinges for sale on Bay. John Sweet was nice enough to point out mine appear to be iron and they should be aluminum. I'm attaching out correspondence. Were early '65s iron?

""John,
You are absolutely right. I checked. Mine are cast iron and the ones in my '66 are aluminum. I remember the car they came out of, a white 4 dr. I still have the seats and door panels out of that car in my '66 4 dr. I'll try VV and see if someone can figure this out. In the meantime I'll withdraw the items. Thanks Mike ""

 jscorvairparts
  The hinges you show in the picture are not for a 65-6 Corvair. The 65-6 are aluminum and these look like they are metal.