<VV> 65’ Corvair ‘CLEAR’ Parking light lens.

Arlette Pat & Carl Kelsen arlettecarl at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 10 23:13:46 EST 2018

G’day everyone,
I seem to recall seeing some where a note that someone has or is going to reproduce 1965 Corvair front parking light lens with ‘Clear’ lense’s, rather than the usual ‘amber’ color lenses. If these do exist, then obtaining a set might very likely solve a real concern I have.

I live in Australia and our Australian Design Rules (ADRs) do not legally allow for the use of front amber parking lights as fitted to 1965 and later model Corvairs.

If I can obtain these clear lenses then I could install a dual ‘switch back LED’ globe that would provide a clear front parking light and an amber turn signal behind the single clear front lens.

I wonder if anyone knows where I might be able to obtain these CLEAR 1965-69 Corvair lenes, assuming they exist?

Kind regards from ‘down under’ where Summer just getting started!
Carl Kelsen
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
RHD 1965 Corvair Monza convertible