<VV> What happened to the prototype modern fan

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 26 23:01:41 EST 2018

Here's some test results for my new prototype fan. In case the pdfs don't open, show,
or display, here's the short summary:
1) My fan acts like the same or better output below 3000 rpm, as the rpms climb, my fan really starts to outperform the stock mag fan.
2) At 5250 rpm my fan is showing 20% more pressure than the mag fan can do in stock form. I figured that this is roughly 1830 cfm at this point.
3) My fan is using roughly 2/3 less power than the mag fan is to do a better job cooling
4) I never actually tested the hp usage for the output shown in this particular test...the
usage figure's came from a earlier test that turned out to be the least efficient intake
shape I could have used... this graph shows much more pressure and flow than the earlier test and was done with less intake area... it is almost impossible for a fan
to consume more power with less intake area. If the drive hp ends up being unchanged
from the earlier test, then the fan is actually more like 65% peak efficiency.
5) I have yet to test higher flowing set-ups...My tests so far have been with the lower
shrouds on, which are a huge restriction to flow... anything that is done to increase the
flow with the stock fan causes the horsepower usage to go up even more. For my fan
there's supposed to be a point where upping the flow causes the hp usage to fall.... the
efficiency of the fan should be enhanced even further(!)
  The pre-production prototypes are going to make the same output as shown in the
pressure vs rpm graph, except will be doing this at a 1.4:1 pulley ratio as opposed to
the stock 1.58:1 pulley ratio, so as to add a lot of tunability of the fan for individual user's... people that need more output at lower rpm's would be able to gear the fan
taller, and others would be able run the fan geared down... way more fun that way!
Kevin Nash
1963 Turbo, port fuel injected daily driver