<VV> 64 Convertible rear bounce

Smitty Smith vairologist at cox.net
Sat Oct 6 12:40:06 EDT 2018

Smitty Says;  I went through this problem when Corvair correct shocks started disappearing from the market.  My solution (which worked) was to get some very large gas shocks from the Flaps.  Of course they were 3/4 of an inch too long so I had to extend them through the control arm, using tubular bushings and longer bolts to get the proper limit travel.  The body of the shock was binding in the hole in the control arm so that necessitated hogging out the hole for clearance.   Yeah a bit of work but well worth it.  Great for autocrossing too