<VV> Better grounds on tail lites?

FrankDuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Oct 31 00:13:11 EDT 2018

I also put a #4 or 6 short sheetmetal screw into the plastic to hold the
shell/fingers in place. Those serrated edges on the fingers wear the
plastic so the metal slides out of the plastic, letting the bulb loose
contact with the terminals in the socket. Of course the screw takes away
from originality, but can be hidden on the side that you do not normally
see, looks more original than a metal socket.

The issue with changing sockets is I run into improperly crimped splices
all the time where taillamps are still not working, or the running
lights are connected to the bright filament and the brake lights are
dim.  If done right it is OK!

Frank DuVal