<VV> fuel leak

JUDY HOOK judynrandy at comcast.net
Tue Sep 25 22:42:51 EDT 2018

Try this wonderful trick.  Disassemble the fuel lines and physically inspect each sealing surface.  Check for things like micro-cracks and deep scratch marks.  Also, a small piece of dirt or debris stuck to the fittings will cause a leak, too.

Make sure they "mate" up properly.  You might even try lightly sanding and polishing each sealing surface area with a  piece of fine grit sandpaper to insure smoothness and a good sealing surface area. Now for the kicker - Lightly coat the sealing surface, tube, and fitting with some axle grease. I use Amsoil's synthetic grease.  Then, assemble everything just finger tight.  When you go to tighten things, just tighten them slightly.  With the grease on them, it's super easy to over tighten them.  I usually use the "just snug, then a little more" formula.  Remember, you can always tighten it a smidge more, if needs be.

Hope this helps,

Randy (Cap'n) Hook