<VV> NECC at New York Safety Track – A Report.

Allan Lacki redbat01 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 26 16:23:56 EDT 2019

 NECC at New York Safety Track – A Report. We had a great day at NYST on Saturday, June 22.  Unfortunately, only three Corvairs showedup.  The Corvair drivers were thefather-and-son team of Dan & Nick Schmidt, Terry Stafford, and me.  The rest of the field was filled bywater-pumpers. All of the Corvair Racers were at the big Mid-Ohio event,but few of them run with NECC anymore unless there we're doing a CORSAConvention event, so we really didn't expect them anyway. And so many otherCorvair guys in the northeast area haven't shown up since we stopped doing ourtrack days at Lime Rock way back in 2007. As for myself, I had the dubious honor of having the slowestlap time during the timed laps. It's pretty hard to compete against 400 hp BMWsand the like in a basically factory-stock Corvair!  But I had fun anyway.  My Corvair isn't a track car by any means,and because I don’t trailer it, I had to depend on it to take me back home toPennsylvania.  It’s a five-hour driveeach way, so I played it safe on the track.  You can see the lap times on the NECC website atwww.neccmotorsports.com  Use thenavigation menu and click on "Lap Times". We also have plenty of photos on the website and especiallyon our NECC Motorsports Facebook page.

Allan Lacki
redbat01 at verizon.net