<VV> Fwd: Oil drip 64 spyder

jim jeandelucca at aol.com
Thu May 2 06:10:20 EDT 2019

-----Original Message-----
From: jim <jeandelucca at aol.com>
To: virtualvairs-request <virtualvairs-request at corvair.org>
Sent: Wed, May 1, 2019 02:36 PM
Subject: Oil drip 64 spyder

I have an oil drip issue on the driver side in the valve cover/ shroud area. I believed gasket was the issue and replaced twice, first with cork gasket and now with rubber gasket. Each time, I used a coating of ultra black between cover and gasket only. Cover was checked for straightness, proper fasteners used. I removed shroud, and saw no signs of leaking push rod tubes. I ran engine and sat and watched. No oil. I drove car, no oil. I parked car with a cookie sheet underneath, however, with shroud reattached. Three days later, I have a spot about the size of a dollar bill. I should mention that when removing cover initially, there was quite a bit of the orange sealer present, and that rear two clamps holding exhaust manifold were wet. Oil pan gasket looks wet also. As mentioned, the only oil spot I see is at forward end under shroud area. Could it be oil pan seeping while car sits, or something from up top running down. Drivers side only. Thanks, Jim