<VV> Corvair head vacuum tube connector installation

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu May 2 08:17:51 EDT 2019

I haven't done a side to side switch, but I have removed some press out items on heads and cases so I'd guess it would be similar.  I'd try it like this:

Heat the head, preferably in an oven, to 350 or so.  Remove the tube first, a couple small hose clamps to provide a place to drive with hammer and drift would likely work, or perhaps pry against the carb pad with a pry bar.  Once the tube is out, use a hammer and long drift to drive the plug out.  Let the tube and plug cool, heat the head back up, put some anti-sieze on the steel parts and drive them back in.

--Bryan