<VV> oil drip '64 spyder

JUDY HOOK judynrandy at comcast.net
Thu May 2 13:57:02 EDT 2019

You said you put sealer on the valve cover side of the gasket.  You should put it on the head side of it, too.  Also, did you check the straightness of the head?  I use a straight-edge and clean it up (if necessary) with a long file.  Any imperfections are areas that can be prone to cause leaks.  Also, when installing the valve cover w/ gasket and sealer (I use "coppercoat" rtv as it's made for high heat applications) use "guide studs".  The last thing I do is after the valve cover is supported on the guide studs, take a rag soaked with "carb cleaner" and quickly wipe off the head sealing surface, then gently thrust it into place.  This catches any residual oil seepage on the head rail.   And remember, you have to move fairly quickly to get it installed before the sealer starts to set up.  Hope this helps.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook

Hopewell, Pa