<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 172, Issue 27

roboman91324 at aol.com roboman91324 at aol.com
Mon May 27 13:52:53 EDT 2019

Paul,
Using Jim Davis' numbers, the weight distribution is 53/47.  If you have a passenger in the cab with you, it would be far closer to a 50/50 distribution.  If you think of it, this makes sense.  Where does the weight lie in each type of vehicle?  Obviously, the weight of the engine and transaxle are centered over the rear wheels in both vehicles.  The body panels/fenders along the belt line can be assumed to be similar as well.  It is where the doors, passenger compartments, etc. are located that shifts the weight distribution forward on the Rampside.  In the car, passengers are sitting between the front and rear wheels which will approximately share the weight to the front and rear.  However, they are sitting directly over the front wheels in a Rampside.  The same holds for doors, seats, glass and the sheet metal of the cab/passenger compartment itself. The weight distribution will be somewhat different for the vans and Greenbriers.