<VV> Turbo Motor Cycling

Jim Simpson simpson661 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 12:18:48 EDT 2019

I'm not sure if you've sorted the turbo engine and it's "cycling" problem
yet, but one thing that the shop manual doesn't mention but is in the
factor assembly manual is the turbo throttle linkage adjustment.

I have a '66 Corsa turbo and the assembly manual section for the turbo
option (UPC L 87, sheet A12, page 1966-241 in Clark's reprint) states that
the angle between the adjustable link that goes from carburetor throttle
shaft and the tab on the throttle shaft on the turbo crossover pipe should
be adjusted to 125 +/-2 degrees.

(I'm pretty sure that applies to all year turbos.)

Yes, it is important, and yes, it will make the engine cycle if it's off
very much.  Of course there are numerous other possibilities such as float
height/drop, etc., but check that angle.

I've attached a scan of the relevant part of the assembly manual.

Jim Simpson
Group Corvair