<VV> The Corvair Museum is Moving!

Allan Lacki redbat01 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 6 09:14:26 EST 2019

The Museum is Moving!

The Corvair Museum, currently located in Decatur, Illinois since its inception two years ago, is relocating. The museum will close on November 20, giving us time to move our collection to our new site on Route 66, south of Springfield, Illinois. We will reopen the Corvair Museum on December 1 at its new location, 10041 Palm Road - a.k.a. Route 66 - in Glenarm, Illinois.

In addition to being much less expensive for us to operate, our new modern facility is expected to draw many more visitors because of its close proximity to popular tourist destinations in the Springfield area. Attractions include the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, Lincoln Home National Historic Site, Lincoln's Tomb and War Memorial State Historic and more – all just minutes away.

The Springfield area is served by Allegiant, American and United Airlines with multiple daily flights connecting to Chicago, Dallas / Fort Worth, and Punta Gorda Airport.

The museum’s new location also has the benefit of being easily accessible from Interstate 55 - the main corridor between Chicago, St. Louis and New Orleans.

Thanks to all who have visited. As we said when we started the Corvair Museum, it will be ever changing!

Mike Hall, President
Corvair Preservation Foundation