<VV> Survivor Vehicles

Kenneth Schifftner scrubbr at ix.netcom.com
Thu Nov 14 12:51:56 EST 2019

Gang:

Maybe the following background will add to the discussion about a “survivor class”.

At a recent Car Show attended by Rocky Mountain and Pikes Peak, we noticed that a beautiful Rampside appeared…but not in the Show but in the visitor parking lot. In conversation with the owners, they revealed that the vehicle had been in the family (a survivor) and in storage and that they had recently decided to bring it back to life. When asked about why they didn’t register it in the show, they simply felt there wasn’t much place for them. It wasn’t “Concours quality”. There was more to their relationship with the vehicle than the vehicle itself.

They also mentioned that they didn’t seek awards. They didn’t want or even like being “judged”. They didn’t do their work to meet any standard but their own. To them the vehicle wasn’t a vehicle is was a memory, a fond one at that, that to them was best secured but was interesting enough to be shared.

Personally, I think this is the future CORSA membership we should seek. I bet there are a lot out there. I think we need to simply provide a low impact, low stress (CORSA included), respectful venue.

Ken Schifftner