<VV> Stuck distributor

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 17 12:43:34 EDT 2019

  Obviously you loosened the clamp etc. I guess it is a bit corroded to the engine. I'd genitally try use a long screwdriver to tap around the base of the distributor. There should have been a thin gasket where it goes into the engine,

 Also try to get some good penetrating liquid around the base and let it soak a while. Heat may work, but a flame around the engine is questionable unless you really know how to use a small flame. When you get it loose, a little anti seize will help next time.

 Was there a problem leading to the stuck distributor or just routine maintenance    ?