<VV> Isky 270 Cam Idle

Brian bmoneill at juno.com
Fri Dec 4 09:10:43 EST 2020

I recently installed the subject cam in a two carburetor 164CI engine.  With the exception of dual exhausts and a one step up in Maine carburetor jets the engine is stock.  It is a stick shift.  Ignition timing is set at 12°.  The engine isn't happy at any idle speed below 1000 RPM.  Is this normal?  As the engine brakes and will I be able to reduce the speed?  Thanks in advance for any info.