<VV> 'Power Windows' VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 191, Issue 4

corveric at me.com corveric at me.com
Fri Dec 11 01:24:44 EST 2020

Hi All,

I remember at the Denver convention that I learned a little tidbit of
information from another passed member of CORSA, Daniel Monasterio.  Sadly,
Daniel died in the summer of 2019 in the midst of a trip in his beloved
Bluebrier.  The Corvair world lost a very dear man that summer to murderous
thugs.

I have used one of those "box on the inside door panel" kits on Corveric and
you are right, it does not look really cool.  On the other hand, it works
well and it allows me to wind down the passenger window from the driver seat
without a need for a chiropractor.

But if you watch this Corvair Wild clip  ( https://youtu.be/4ppPBZs_EO8 ),
you will see a point in it when he comes running back to tell me I was wrong
about there being no compact window winders that would fit into a Corvair
door.  Daniel apparently was able to find and install electric winders on
all his windows from an early Chevy Lumina.  Daniel later told me that those
winders were compact enough he was able to get them in everywhere and run
the controls all the way to the front.  Daniel had promised that if he ever
made another trip from Guadalajara to Vancouver again  (if you don't know
your geography, have a look, that is an epic trip!  I have pictures of the
Bluebrier in my garage near Vancouver, Canada.  Daniel's daughter lives near
me) he would show me how he did it and help me to replicate it in my
Rampside.  Sadly, he never made that trip.   One day I will look into that
possibility.

Perhaps that information will help with your car?

Eric Taylor

604-309-2268

 <mailto:Corveric at me.com> Corveric at me.com

Eric Taylor