<VV> Backup switch 1964 Spyder

clynn66 at bigpond.net.au clynn66 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Dec 31 23:56:49 EST 2020

I am curious about the backup switch arrangement for my 1964 Spyder, which
is 4-speed of course.

I have a switch hanging down from the transmission and with wiring going
forward to a connector inside the tunnel under the gear stick.

The factory manuals seem to indicate that the position under the gear stick
was for the switch for the early model 3-speeds.

I wondered if in my 4-speed case, the connector under the gear stick is just
a link into the main harness and there is no switching action taking place
under the gear stick.

The reason for my connection at the gear stick may have been so they could
keep the wiring between 3 and 4 speed systems similar.

Would that be the case and I don't need to be concerned about anything in
the gear stick area?

Colin LYNN  # 28299

Perth, Western Australia