<VV> Clutch-head screws in FCs

Robert Marlow, Vairtec Corporation vairtec at optimum.net
Thu Jan 2 18:23:08 EST 2020

Many years ago, I picked up a 1961 Corvan with a seriously-early VIN.  I
no longer remember exactly how early, only that it was single-digit
early, like, say, 100,006.

Anyway, that van had some features I had never seen before or since,
including a forward roof bow like the one seen in owners manual/shop
manual photos, and clutch-head screws EVERYWHERE.

Obviously, later FCs switched to Phillps-head screws for most of the
small fasteners, but this Corvan had 'em everywhere.

Years ago I did pick up a 3/8-drive clutch head tool in the size
commonly throughout FC production, a tool which I continue to use --
have used within the past year.

--Bob