<VV> Why did they use the Clutch Head

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jan 2 21:21:28 EST 2020

The question was asked, why did they use the clutch head.
In my opinion the answer is very simple.

Speaking as one who once worked at a car dealer, the reason is to sell
tools.
If you were a mechanic, you had to buy them so you could work on the cars.
There is no other reasonable answer.

Why did they start using torx bits in many different sizes later?
So the mechanic had to buy them.
I know I had to.

Think of all the specialty service tools for our Corvairs.
If you were a Chevy dealer, they were sent to the dealer automatically,
along with the bill.
If you wanted to sell the cars, you had to have the tools to work on them.

Part of doing business, but I bet someone somewhere was getting a
kickback.....

Gary Swiatowy