<VV> Spanish Greenbrier Scam?

Hugo Miller hugo at aruncoaches.co.uk
Thu Jan 9 19:47:34 EST 2020

All sound advice of course. But I have bought dozens of cars over the
years sight unseen and never been caught. I have had winners and losers,
but only once did I find a car that was much worse than I expected, but
that wasn't due to any criminal or dishonest intent - it's just that the
camera always makes things look better than they are. And I actually
sold it on at a profit!
But this situation is very strange indeed, primarily because of the
amount of info I have from the seller, and the fact that the seller
apeared willing to meet me in Spain and let me drive the car home (to
England). I wouldn't expect the seller to accept Paypal, due to the
commission, but I was surprised he didn't want cash. So I sent him a
bank transfer, with some trepidation, I must admit. But I thought I'd
take a chance on it. I went into it with my eyes open so I'm not asking
for sympathy.
If I were a scammer I would pick a $50,000 BMW not a $7,000 oddity that
only has a niche market. And I wouldn't post my name, address, bank
details and photograph on eBay! Nor would I refuse cash!
The seller was complainng about having to sell it for what he described
a half its true value, and my first thought was that he had relisted it
in the hope of getting a better price so he could blow me out. But the
second time I 'bought' it, it sold for even less money (6,600 Euro), and
he is treating that as a genuine sale and is waiting for me to pay him.
This has become so intriguing that I want to get to the bottom of it.
Spain is only a two hour flight from here, and I have a nice youg lady
who speaks Spanish who has volunteered to accompany me and act as my
bodyguard!
Trouble is I was due to fly to Florida on Monday so that adds to the
dilemma!