<VV> Plug insert and/runs 20 minutes

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Tue Jan 28 17:05:55 EST 2020

Sunday I drilled, tapped, and inserted the oversized Easy Lock insert.  Had to let it sit 24 hours for the chemical lock to set up.  Yesterday I put the plug in and so far everything is working as advertised.then I got back to the low miles 62 that dies when warmed up.  Every time I thought I had it, it turned around and bit me again.  My ego was taking an awful beating.  Logic kept telling me if it runs on the start circuit then the problem has to be related to the run circuit.  BUT,  there was that nice new engine wire harness.  Nice white resistance wire,  new connectors.  Can’t be there.  Measuring it didn’t tell me a thing.  Voltage read constant.  But still.  Today I pulled the resistance wire connectors out of the couplings.  Made up a bypass wire with a ballast bar in it.  Plugged it in where the resistance wire had been and fired it up.  Ran perfectly.  No stumbling or missing.  Toured the neighborhood for 30 minutes.  Found a couple of small problems but nothing with the way it ran.  Next to get the state inspection and get it insured and I B cruisin.  So much for assuming.

Sent from my iPad